Scripts

Here you can post or request new scripts, report broken ones or ask for help on fixing them
jezzrockzz

Scripts

Post by jezzrockzz » 28 Jan 2017, 21:33

Is there any way of building a script for Sisimizi using another game database? Is it possible to create my own database?

sisimizi
Site Admin

Re: Scripts

Post by sisimizi » 29 Jan 2017, 13:12

Yes, it is possible to do scripts for other databases and it is quite easy to learn by looking at some other scripts. These are plain text and can be edited within SGC or with a text editor. It helps if you have some understanding of how Pascal or Delphi work and you need to know how to read information from html code of the website you're writing the script for, but you can try to adapt an existing script to that html code first and extent it later.

Not sure what you mean by 'create my own database', if you are talking about your own website with information about games that would be doable, but probably need a lot of work and time, beside the fact that you need a userbase to fill it with game data (you obviously cannot use data copied from some other website).

jezzrockzz

Re: Scripts

Post by jezzrockzz » 03 Feb 2018, 22:24

Thanks about the reply, even though it a year late. Yeah, about my own database I meant building my own web site for this purpose. On the on the other hand, you were right, it would be a lot of work. I would do what you suggested, altering the html code of an existing script to another existent database